Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hello. Hallo. Hola. Aloha. G'day mate.

For the past three years I have been amazingly and stupendously addicted to young adult and romance novels. My mantra was basically 'a book a day keeps the psychiatrist away' and it's a mantra I'm glad to say that I still live by. With every new book I stumbled upon, every cover I analysed, every page I turned, every character I got emotionally attached to and every tear I shed, I finally realized that my mental health had deteriorated. Greatly. A lot. Like a lot a lot. I was going through so many books and had so many pent up feelings that I couldn't share because my friends weren't as awesome as me so I kept them all in. Kinda like this guy down here.


But alas, there is a happy ending. After a consultation with my bookiatrist I came to the conclusion that I could share my feels with the big wide world out there as well as keep my sanity intact. And voila! The Book Hooker was created. I'll try my best to post as regularly as I can but when I do, I hope my reviews will be as honest and helpful as I can possibly make them. I also pinky promise (a type of promise no man has ever dared to break) that I will include at least one relevant gif in my review. 
Now that the introduction is over, I guess I can start posting. 


3 comments:

  1. Have you read the CRASH series by Nicole Williams? It's a great series, I love it and it has lots of romance! It's NA, just so you know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have! I loved the first one but never got round to reading the second and third. I might have to catch up with Lucy and Jude this weekend. Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
    2. You should read the next two! I was seriously obsessed with them, and fell in love with Jude more and more every page!

      Delete